Whitefield Elementary School
1st PTA MEETING OF THE 2012-2012 SCHOOL YEAR IS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20th @ 6PM IN THE SCHOOL LIBRARY
The Whitefield School PTA is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to enriching our school community. We do this by funding in-school arts and theater activities, hosting one major fundraiser to subsidize field trips and other educational projects, organizing fun community events like the Holiday Make-a-Craft Fair, writing grants, and offering support to special projects initiated by others. Each year there are some activities we repeat, and others we try for the first time. Most of our planning is done at meetings. We hold our meetings on the FIRST MONDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the school library. You are welcome to come to any meeting whether or not you've "officially" join PTA. These meetings are a good forum for discussing ideas and issues, and a great place to learn more about our school community. Just $5.00 will ensure your "voting rights", but anybody (within our school community) is welcome to attend any meeting at any time. Thank-you for joining YOUR PTA!! JOIN YOUR WHITEFIELD PTA DATE: FIRST MONDAY OF EACH MONTH WHEN: 6 PM WHERE: IN THE SCHOOL LIBRARY *** CHILDCARE IS AVAILABLE FOR $1.00 PER VISIT *** FMI/QUESTIONS email Elysee McDonald, PTA President at email@example.com
CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR YOUR WHITEFIELD PTA
CUT! COLLECT! SAVE!
CUT! COLLECT! AND SAVE! CAMPBELL'S LABELS, BOX TOPS ALL YEAR LONG. Ask your family, friends and neighbors to CUT! COLLECT! AND SAVE! to support your school.
CUT out those BOX TOPS and CAMPBELL LABELS! COLLECT those HANNAFORD HELPS SCHOOLS slips! SAVE them in a safe place! We will be having a collection day in November, but save them all year long...you can send them to the school anytime. Check out each of these web sites to find out more information, and fun information.
HOLIDAY MAKE~A~CRAFT FAIR
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The Whitefield PTAís annual HOLIDAY MAKE~A~CRAFT FAIR will be held SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3rd in the school gym (164 Grand Army Road). The fun begins at 10am and continues to 1pm. We will be making a variety of holiday pins, magnets and ornaments; decorating ornaments, cookies and gift bags; making treats for dogs, cats, birds and reindeer. We will be doing the CAKE WALK, face painting and much, much more. Tickets are 3/$1 or 15/$5, with each craft being no more than 5 tickets. Bring in non-perishable food items, personal hygiene items and household items (dish soap, etc.) for the Whitefield Food Pantry and make a craft for FREE. There is something for kids of all ages to make and enjoy, so come have fun and support the Whitefield Food Pantry. FMI: Amy Perkins @ 713-4039 or Leslie Gomes @ 549-5483.
MONTHLY NEWS LETTER
CHECK HERE FOR UPCOMING EVENTS, MONTHLY UPDATES AND CURRENT PTA NEWS!
CONTACT INFO: PTA@WHITEFIELD.US
ELYSEE MCDONALD @ 441-5672 AMY PERKINS @ 713-4039
OUR NEXT MEETING MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST
@ 6PM IN THE SCHOOL LIBRARY
SUPPORT YOR PTA 365 DAYS A YEAR!
1. DONATE YOUR BOTTLES AND CANS AT WHITEFIELD RECYCLING CENTER Saturdays until NOON RAPID REDEMPTION (on Rt. 17/Augusta-Rockland Road) Hours of operation are Monday ~ Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturday 8am -4pm SHARON'S REDEMPTION (on Rt. 17in Windsor) Hours of operation are Tuesday ~ Saturday 9am - 4pm. WE EARN 6 CENTS PER BOTTLE/CAN, so just let them know you want to DONATE your bottles and cans to YOUR WHITEFIELD PTA. 2. SAVE CAMPBELL'S LABELS We earn points for merchadise. Goto the Campbell's website for information and a list of participating items. 3. SAVE BOX TOPS We earn money for our playground fund. Goto www.boxtopsforeducation.com for more information and a list of BOX TOP items. 4. SAVE YOUR HANNAFORD HELPS SCHOOLS SLIPS We earn money for our organization when you purchase participating products. Look for over 1200 specially marked products in the stores. This event runs September through December. We will collect these at school in the future, or you can deposit them into the WHITEFIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL slot at participating Hannaford Grocery Stores. These are a few more ways you can support YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR SCHOOL AND YOUR PTA EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES will be held on October 20TH & 21ST and your PTA will be hosting a Pot Luck Dinner for the teachers because they donít have the opportunity to go home for dinner.
If you are able to provide a yummy dish or supplies for those two evenings, please get in touch with Elysee or Amy
Our HOLIDAY MAKE~A~CRAFT FAIR is scheduled for Saturday, December 4th from 10am - 1pm. We NEED volunteers to help make this a FUN & successful event. PLEASE let us know if you are available to help at a craft table (even if only for an hour), bake cookies for decorating or bake a cake for the Cake Walk. You don't need to be crafty...we supply all materials and instructions.
CONTACT AMY PERKINS @ 713-4039 for more information.
WE ALSO NEED TOILET PAPER AND OR PAPER TOWEL ROLLS ~ please save your's for us and send them to the school.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING YOUR CHILDREN, YOUR SCHOOL AND YOUR PTA!
WHITEFIELD PTA GUIDELINES
The Whitefield School PTA is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization made up of our dedicated fellow parents and teachers. WE ARE ONE GROUP WITH A COMMON GOAL...to support our children and school community! We can accomplish a lot by following the guidelines below.
Thank-you for joining YOUR PTA!!
WHITEFIELD PTA MINUTES
TUESDAY, JUNE 12th, 2012
2) MR. MCNAUGHTEN’S REPORT ~ Not present
3) TEACHER APPRECIATION LUNCHEON BBQ ~ June 15 ~ 12:30pm
Thank-you to all those who are providing a yummy treat for our staff, and to those who are able to help out that afternoon.
4) RAFFLE ~ Drawing for winners ~ SEE BELOW FOR WINNERS
NOMINATIONS OF NEW OFFICERS FOR THE 2012-13 YEAR
Nobody was interested in being nominated for the Co-president positions…we will revisit nominations AGAIN @ our Monday, September 10th, 2012 meeting. If you are interested in either of these positions, PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE THAT MEETING. I am stepping down after 4 years as President/Co-President, and Amy Perkins is stepping down after 3 years of Co-President. We were supposed to nominate in May, and vote in new officers in June, but nobody has come forward. We will NEED to have nominees in September & voting in of officers in October. If nobody shows interest we will have to determine what needs to be done from that point, and unfortunately it is highly likely the PTA group would have to dissolve. So, PLEASE, contact me this summer if you are interested in either of these positions. It is crucial we keep YOUR WHITEFIELD PTA intact!!!
We are also always looking for new members. It doesn’t matter if you can attend every monthly meeting or just a couple throughout the year. You pay your $5 member’s dues one month and have voting rights the next. It’s that simple, so join us and bring a friend.
HAVE AN AWESOME SUMMER!! SEE YOU IN SEPTMEMBER!!
2012 RAFFLE WINNERS
1. Oak finish Jewelry box $40 value ~ Jennie Thompson
2. Cherry finish Jewelry box $60 value ~ Jeannine Paradis
3. Java finish Jewelry box $70 value ~ BJ Grady
4. Baby basket ~ baby oil, baby wash, etc ~ Grace Brown
5. Bumble Bee pillow pet ~ Aubrie Patrie
6. Sponge Bob pillow pet ~ Carol Young
7. “Body Fantasies” beauty set ~ cucumber melon lotion, body spray and body wash ~ Lisa Kalloch
8. Twin size pink/brown theme quilt ~ handcrafted by Sally Ledford ~ Sue Laflamme
9. Baby purple/lavender/green theme quilt ~ handcrafted by Sue Peaslee ~ Hannah Burns
10. $20 gift certificate to Jennifer’s Family Hair Care in Jefferson ~ Laura Tremblay
11. 1 Pie of your choice from Green Hollow Orchard in Whitefield ~ Andrea Lani-Caputo
12. XL Youth RED hooded Whitefield Wildcat Spiritwear sweatshirt ~ Kristi Pennock
13. XL Youth GREY hooded Whitefield Wildcat Spiritwear sweatshirt ~ Becky Kelley
14. 4 Wiscasset Community Center day passes ~ Kelly Cowling
15. Hanging basket from Longfellow’s Greenhouse in Manchester ~ C.O. Connor
16. $15 gift certificate to Sheepscot General Store in Whitefield ~ Sue Laflamme
17. 1 bag of Hills Science Diet dog/cat food from Windsor Veterinary Clinic in Windsor ~ Tammy Boyce
18. 1 FREE health exam for your furry friend @ Windsor Veterinary Clinic in Windsor ~ Elaina Gaudet
19. 18 HOLES of golf @ Sheepscot Links in Whitefield (2 drawings) ~ Chris Pennock, Nicole Barbeau
20. IGA gift card ~ Ronnie Rollins
21. Randolph Takeout ~ Carol Young
22. Red Barn Gift card ~ Louisa Rickley
23. Chelsea Thrift & Gift ~ BJ Grady
24. 2 State Inspections ~ Tammy Boyce
Whitefield Elementary School