Bienvenue aux classes de 2013-2014!
Welcome to your one-stop shop for news and info on La Francophonie at Nashville School of the Arts. (check news and calendar sections as well as Zeumo for info on study abroad and poster contest opportunities)
Tennessee Foreign Language Teaching Association
(SUBMISSION MUST BE THROUGH INSTRUCTOR OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE AT YOUR SCHOOL)
“Languages: Learn, Live, Love!”
Celebrate languages by participating in the 2014 TFLTA Poster Art Contest! All students are invited to design a FULL COLOR poster demonstrating the theme:“Languages: Learn, Live, Love!” Only 5 entries per school will be accepted. Judging will take place at the May 2014 TFLTA Board meeting. First place will be awarded $50 and second place will be awarded $25. Prizes will be awarded in each of the 2 divisions: K-6th grades and 7-12th grades.
Guidelines for the Competition:
Student Participation Requirements
- Students should have participated in the study of a Foreign Language within the 2013-2014 school year.
- All entries must be accompanied by an entry form. Print submissions must be accompanied by a print copy of the entry form, and digital submissions must be accompanied by an electronic copy of the entry form.
- All artwork must be verified as original by his/her teacher.
- Clip art and copyrighted images may not be used.
- All entries must be full color and the equivalent of a standard 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper with a ½ inch white margin around the image. The final image should measure 8x 10 ½ inches.
- Only 2 dimensional artwork on will be accepted; however, various media may be used such as collage, paint, marker, pastels, watercolor, etc.
- All entries must contain the exact theme: “Languages: Learn, Live, Love!”
- Work can be submitted electronically with a JPEG or GIF minimum 300 dpi resolution via sponsoring teacher’s email only. (No student email submissions will be considered.)
- Work may also be submitted by postal mail inside a plastic sheet protector.
- Student’s name and division must be written on the back of the 2D work of art or located in the email of the digital image submission. Things You Need to Know:
- The focus should be on all foreign languages, not a specific language.
- Vivid colors and clear designs will reproduce best on products.
- All entries become the property of Tennessee Foreign Language Teaching Association to be reproduced on products for purchase at the 2014 TFLTA Conference.
- Entries must be submitted with a completed entry form by 1 May 2014.
- Any entry that does not meet the above rules will be disqualified.
Entry Form (Please print legibly in ink)
Student’s Name: _____________________________________________________
Teacher’s Name: _____________________________________________________
Language(s) Taught/Studied: ____________________________________________
School Name: _______________________________________________________
School Address: _____________________________________________________
School Telephone: ________________________ Fax ________________________
Teacher’s Email: ______________________________________________________
Division: (Please check one)
Grades K-6 _____Grades 7-12
?Teacher’s signature required for print copies:
By signing below, I hereby approve this entry and verify that to the best of my knowledge this submission is the original and exclusive work of the student.
: Digital copies will only be accepted from sponsoring teacher’s email:
By sending in a digital copy of the entry form, the sponsoring teacher is verifying that the submission is original and exclusive work of the student.
Deadline for entries: 1 May 2014
Please be sure to access regularly your GradeSpeed account for individual information on scores, etc. Subscribe asap to this site as required by your instructor. You will receive emails on a regular basis when your instructor adds information/assignments to this site.
POSTER CONTEST! SEE DETAILS ON FEBRUARY 25TH ON CALENDAR!
For study/online practice, check out www.duolingo.com and the mango site at limitless libraries!
To access the online student edition, go to http://my.hrw.com/
Click on your class for level-specific information concerning assignments, opportunities, etc. You may have up to three days to submit assignments missed due to excused absences.
A = 100-93
B = 92-85
C = 84-75
D = 74-70
F = 69-50
I = Incomplete