Welcome to Ms. Angel Bobadilla's Algebra 1 Class :-)
“The essence of mathematics is not to make simple things complicated, but to make complicated things simple.”
S. Gudder quotes
1. BE ON TIME AND READY: be in your seat ready to work before the bell rings with electronics turned off and out of sight inside the classroom.
2. NO EATING AND DRINKING: no food or drinks will be allowed in class (especially no gum).
3. BE PREPARED: come to class prepared with required materials (required materials: 1” 3-ring binder with paper and 4 dividers labeled Objective/Warm Up, Notes/Class work, Homework, Assessment, 2 sharpened pencils, eraser, covered textbook, composition notebook and a graphing calculator)
4. PAY ATTENTION: do what is asked of you to the best of your ability. It takes work on the student’s part to learn. (EFFORT = SUCCESS)
5. BE RESPECTFUL: respect your teacher, respect your classmates, and respect yourself.
FIRST TIME: Warning (name goes on the board).
SECOND TIME: Parent call and change of seat permanently.
THIRD TIME: Student conference with Administrator and detention.
FOURTH TIME: Parent conference with administrator.
Objectives/Warm-ups: 20 points daily Notes: 30 points daily Classwork: 50 points daily TOTAL= 100 points daily
Closure/Reflections: 50 points daily Participation: 50 points daily
TOTAL =100 points daily
Homework: 100 points daily
Quizzes: every Friday
CONGRATULATIONS to the following students whose overall performance on the ALGEBRA 1 FAST 2011-2012 (October 2011) is ADVANCED!!!!
Guilford-Dozier, Isaiah (HIGHEST 43 out of 47)
O neal, Yunique
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:-)
* Please view your 1st Quarter Grade on the SchoolMax
*Start of the 2nd Quarter 11/1/2011
*HW due on 11/1/2011 (Tuesday) => page 90, all nos. 1-10
* HW due 11/2/2011 (Wednesday) => page 94, all nos. 11-14
* HW due 11/3/2011 (Thursday) => page 95, all nos 42-46
SEPTEMBER 9, 2011 QUIZ
updated September 10, 2011
SEPTEMBER 9, 2011 QUIZ
Current Events and Homework
There are no current calendar items.
1st Quarter NEWSLETTER
1st QTR NEWSLETTER
2011-2012 ALGEBRA 1 Syllabus
HOMEWORK Sept 12-16
HW due Sept 13=> make an example of misleading graphs and explain why is it misleading
HW due Sept 14=>page p36 even only
HW due Sept 15=> page 782#1
HW due Sept 16=> study for the UNIT 1 Assessment
=HW due Sept 19=> page 763 #33-38 all
HOMEWORK Week August 22-26, 2011
HOMEWORK Week August 29-Sept 2, 2011
* HW due 8/31/11 (Wed) MATRICES WORKSHEET
* HW due 9/1/11 (Thurs)
* HW due 9/2/11 (Fri)
Make your own example of box-and-whiskers plot
HOMEWORK Week Sept 19-23
HW due Sept 20=> page 753 #37
HW due Sept 21=>page 783 #3 a and b
HW due Sept 22=> page 44 #24 to 26
HW due Sept 23=> page 44 #27-31
HW due Sept 26=>
HOMEWORK Week Sept. 6 - 9, 2011
HOMEWORK WEEK Sept 6-Sept 9, 2011
HW due Sept. 7, 2011
Give 20 numbers. Find its mean, median, and mode
HW due Sept. 8, 2011
Make your own example of stem and leaf plot
HW due Sept. 9, 2011
=> How can you apply the lesson today in real life situations? Explain
HW due Sept. 12, 2011
=> Think of a certain topic and make your own example of survey form.
Introductory Letter to Parents/Guardians