I encourage that students and parents visit the classrooms bulletin board bi-weekly to check for homework assignments, upcoming activities, and other relevant information. If you have any questions or concerns about your child s progress, feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. Kandance Johnson
Middle Grades Language Arts curriculum builds on communication skills necessary to function as a listener, reader, and writer in our world. Middle grades Language Arts develops the student's ability to read increasingly difficult literature of all genres, to write more effective and complex sentences, paragraphs and essays, to apply the principles of grammar, usage and mechanics, and to speak in a variety of formal and informal situations. This course will integrate and hone researching, vocabulary, spelling and study skills with the goal of creating better writers.
Class Room Rules and Regulations:
1. The teacher and all students will be respected.
2. Come to class on time, or with an official hall pass. Using the restroom is not an excuse for being tardy to class.
3. There is no eating, drinking, or gum chewing in class.
4. Remain on task (Do what you are supposed to do!)
5. Remain seated unless otherwise instructed. If you need to go somewhere, raise your hand and ask!
6. ABSOLUTELY NO PROFANITY WILL BE TOLERATED!
7. Excessive, non-work related talking will not be tolerated.
8. Electronic devices i.e. MP3 player, Ipod, PSP's, Game Boy, and cell phones are not allowed in student's possession during class instruction. Students will risk having these items confiscated for the duration of the class period and/or day. If incident occurs again the item may be turned in to the office for parent pick-up.
Consequences: If a student decides to commit a behavior infraction or violate the rules of my class the following procedure is in place:
1st time: Verbal warning
2nd time: Demerit log and conduct cut
3rd time: Immediate parent contact- behavior contract
4th time: Teacher/Parent/Student
5th time: Immediate referral to Administration
Each student must have the following supplies no later than the beginning of the second week of school:
1 inch, 3 ring binder with 5 dividers (Note-Taking, Vocabulary Enrichment, Graphic Organizer, Class Assignments, Hand-outs), 1 composition notebook, blue erasable pens, red pens, highlighters, loose leaf paper, pocket dictionary, pocket thesaurus, post-it notes,1GB USB disc drive, student planner.
Good Luck this School Year Ms. K. Johnson
Language Arts I
Language Arts II
Language Arts III
Excelsior Charter Academy